Student Mobile App Competition
International Conference on Distributed Computing and Networking (ICDCN) 2022 announces a competitive programme for developing interactive and ingenious mobile applications in one of the following two broad themes:
- Smart Cities and Internet of Things, including smart transportation, smart utilities, etc.
- COVID-19 management, including contact tracing, health reporting, logistics, etc.
Participants should submit (1) a two-page proposal in PDF format, (2) a link to a brief video 2- 5mins long uploaded to YouTube, (3) a link to an App Store, GitHub repository or website from where the app can be downloaded and evaluated, and (4) optionally a link to the source code for the lab and relevant services. If the application requires backend server support, the services must be working at the time of evaluation. The proposal should have the following details:
|Application Name:||Concise name of the App and Proposal Title|
|Affiliation(s):||Author(s) name, institution, email address|
|Description:||The proposal should clearly describe:
- The submission should be made using this EasyChair link before the given deadline.
- Proposals will be shortlisted by a program committee of experts for presentation at the conference, and their proposal will appear in the proceedings of the ICDCN conference.
Rules and Eligibility:
- All developers of the app should be listed as authors in the proposal. An individual or a team of up to 4 members can submit the proposal in the competition. Authors can include mentors such as faculty or technical staff from industry.
- At least one of the authors must be an undergraduate or a graduate student from any recognised university at the time of submission.
- The submission must be unique and innovative and should hold sufficient difference from the existing apps in the market.
- The developed app must run on the real-world platform (only simulation of the proposed app is not allowed).
- The app should not violate any copyright laws, such as using unauthorized logos, images, videos, and so on, or contain any promotional or abusive contents.
- The app must not already be published on any online platform (like Google play store, Apple app store). The app or the proposal should not have appeared in any other previous competitions or refereed conferences.
- Proposals that are accepted will appear as part of the ICDCN conference proceedings. Authors will retain all rights to the app. The authors may optionally provide a link to the source code under an open source license.
- One of the authors of the shortlisted app proposal must register for ICDCN 2022 and present their work at the conference.
(To be declared soon)
Important dates (tentative):
Submission Deadline: September 30, 2021 Notification of Decision: October 15, 2021 Camera ready version of Proposal: October 19, 2021 Final Presentation at Conference: January 07, 2022 Submission site:https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icdcn2022
(To be declared on January 07, 2022)
Contact:For any query related associated with Mobile Apps Competition, feel free to contact:
- Hari Prabhat Gupta, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) Varanasi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Yogesh Simmhan, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (email@example.com)